Monday, October 5, 2009

I Have Friends In Moscow Places

I have arrived.
My bags are yet to be "found," but I have faith (along with the entire staff) that they will show up within a couple days. Yes, everything I need was in the bags (which explains no pictures yet), but I have been blessed with several wonderful teachers who are making me feel at home. I have a flat with a living room, kitchen, bathroom, dining area, and bedroom. I have free laundry. I have a cell phone that I can use in Russia. I have food. I have clothes, thanks to Joe. I have toiletries, thanks to Karen and Jess. I had an Americano coffee and spaghetti today, along with great conversation, thanks to my awesome supervising teacher, Mike.

Today was the 60th anniversary of the Anglo-American School, and there was much celebration throughout the day: balloons, cupcakes, an outdoors celebration with the entire school... What an introduction.

In short, I have been blessed with direction, peace, and amenities, and I look forward to receiving my camera so that I can take pictures. Pictures will take fewer words.

2 comments:

  1. That's great that you have so many people around you to take care of your needs. My church has done so much for me as I've transitioned to a new life here

    And it's awesome that you have friends...I'm still working on that in this area. Especially guy friends.

    I look forward to your pictures and your wit

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're there safe and sound! we'll be praying that your bag shows up, too.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete