I noticed the street get quiet again this morning, so I decided to get out the camera and tape it to show you what it's like when the president or prime minister passes through. Notice the motorcade chooses to use both sides of the road. There's always a black limo in the center, and it appears around 1:41. (This happened three times throughout the day.)
I will be taking a train to St. Petersburg at 11:30 tonight (3:30 US time). The train arrives in St. Pete at 7:40 AM, and I will be there until Friday night. Here is the website of the hostel in which I will be staying.
http://www.graffitihostel.ru/en
oh my gosh!! they seriously RACE through there!! i wonder how many other drivers/pedestrians have gotten injured before realizing they better pull over!! this is way different from our system of pulling over for ambulances! some people don't and the ambulance has to slow down for them. we could learn a thing or two from russia...
ReplyDeleteWell, this is when the head of the country passes through. Ambulances often get stuck with the rest of traffic, sadly. But you're right: people race through the streets, even when there's nowhere to go. There have been horrible accidents/fatalities because of that.
ReplyDelete