Sunday, October 11, 2009

Sunday Sundae

Today I attended church with a few colleague friends at an international church, and it was very interesting and upbeat. It took an hour to get there, and we were early, so we stopped at McDonald's for breakfast (which doesn't exist... so I got a chicken sandwich and a coffee). I experienced the metro system, which is fascinating and diverse. There's marble everywhere, mosaics everywhere, chandeliers, pillars... And one station we used was designated as Stalin's wartime headquarters. I asked again and again: So Stalin stood right here? Right here on this marble? Apparently it served as an air raid shelter as well as a banquet hall during those times. Pictures will do more justice below.

Also... Putin passing through is a daily occurrence. Everyday the traffic stops, the road clears, and a motorcade traveling twice the speed limit clears both lanes with a black limo in the center.




1 comment:

  1. About Stalin's makeshift office-- so cool!!! I can just see you weirding out like whaaaat?? haha
    Keep posting; we're reading. Be encouraged by that today.

    ReplyDelete